Welcome!

Being an architecture student is tough. Living in Nebraska is tougher. Originally from the fancy suburbs of Chicago, I decided to expand my education in Nebraska. I know Nebraska, or for that matter, Lincoln, is not Chicago, but I've been able to get a different viewpoint out here. Anyways, here is a blog dedicated to whatever I feel I want to talk about, from movies to architecture. Enjoy.
-Nick

Friday, December 31, 2010

Adventures on Flaming Volcano Mountain, or How the Wii Cheats

The faces of pure Evil.

So the other day, my sister and I were playing the Nintendo Wii.  The game: Wii Party.  It is pretty much a family game with a whole bunch of mini-games everyone can jump into a play.  Well, one of the options is to play a board-game style game that has players moving around the board with the roll of the dice.  After each player has went, a mini-game is played between the characters to decided who gets to roll first, gaining a bonus dice for the first, second, or third place winners during the games.  Alright, so now that the rules have been established, let's get to the story.  First game we played, the computer won, despite being on the lowest difficulty setting.  I know what your thinking, "Oh you probably just suck." But no, don't be foolish, otherwise I wouldn't be sharing this story.

My sister and I started Round 2 with a fire in our hearts.  We needed to beat the computer, it was simple as that.  During the first game, we started to notice some trends, mainly if one computer player was far behind on the game board, the dice rolling would become ridiculous, like us getting ones or losing spaces, and the computer getting rolls of twelve spaces, plus additional bonus spaces on the game board.  Also, there are spaces where you switch with a player randomly, (which is not random) but either human player would get replaced, never the computer player.  So this round we made it our mission to win the mini-games in order to get the bonus dice and get ahead faster.  After a fierce battle to the top of the mountain, we were all even.  Mainly because they kept switching places with my sister, who was in the front of the pack the entire time, and then would be switched with the computer and sent to the rear.  The final challenge is to roll a six or higher. That's how we needed to win the game.  You get one chance with one dice, then a chance with two, and so on until someone gets over 6.  Well, the computer got to go first with one dice.  We figured we were toast.  We were getting ripped off the whole game so why stop now?  Well, as fate would have it, the computers both missed 6.  So did I.  And so did my sister.

The champions. Well, my sister won technically.
Now we had to play a mini-game for the bonus dice.  I ended up winning in first place, with my sister in second.  I missed again, getting a 5. I'm super mad now and I'm seething, jumping up and down because of my terrible luck.  But alas, my sister had the next roll.  The roll was over 6!  I don't think I could have been a bigger spaz after winning that game.  Anyone that has ever played a video game and lost to a computer will know the feeling.  After yelling and jumping around with my sister that we finally won, I proceeded to scream at the TV, and at our computer opponents, "WE DID IT! WE WON! YEA! F*CK YOU ANDY AND MIYU!! AAAAHHH!"  I am both incredibly proud of the moment yet endlessly ashamed, mainly since it's just a game, and I yelled at a TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment